Thursday, September 20, 2012

To-Do

Something happened when I turned 25. I got panicky. While I am nowhere near deserving of being called "old", I am acutely aware that I am an adult now.
Loads of people have accomplished way more than me by the age of 25, and good for them. Seriously. I realize ever more that I probably will never be famous, and that most of what I do doesn't impact many people. I am learning (slowly) to be okay with that.
My life is small and quiet. But it is a really, really good one.
Instead of making comparisons and feeling inadequate, I am focusing on the things that I have done. I have a healthy, wonderful relationship. I have friends and family who support me. I have meaningful hobbies. I can bake a mean cake. I know, or at least am coming closer to knowing, who I am.
These are the things that matter to me.
The above is a list of goals I made shortly after my 25th birthday, when I was feeling panicky and scared. I re-read them today for the first time since then, and I feel good about them. They may not be lofty goals, but I feel like they will help me continue to grow in the direction I want to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment